Saturday, August 30, 2014

TO MY BOWL OF MARSHMALLOWS...



Not many flaws are tolerable but when an imperfect being births a near-perfect story, you begin to see how inadequacies don’t matter.
When you let go but don’t hit the ground, then it means you’re flying; humiliating gravity.
I still don’t know the word for it but with you, I feel free and I haven’t hit rock bottom. That has to be a good sign because I feel like I’m shaming all my low expectations.
You’ve taught me a great deal and because I’m not about to let your head burst, I’ll tell you the simplest of them.
I have learnt that friendship is arguing even when there’s nothing to argue about just because both of you feel like yelling is the best way to say “I care”.
I have learnt that friendship is accepting silly names like Naaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzz, My Gee, Nana and Ogbeni just because for some reason, your friend finds them endearing.
I have learnt that friendship makes you do silly stuff like chase a guy around the mall for a hug just even though you’ll get to see him in a couple of months.
I have learnt that friendship is when the only name that makes sense for your friend is ‘marshmallows’
I have learnt that great friendship makes you forget why you ever thought words like trust and loyalty were ridiculous.
I have learnt that you can’t be that ‘normal’ you in great friendship; you have to be the ‘better you’ whether or not you consent to it.
I have learnt that in great friendship, distance and time are nothing but meaningless English words.
I have my doubts not because you’re horrid but because I ask myself if anyone can really be this nice.

I don’t know how your ear drums deal but I really appreciate your listening to my rants and husky laughter.
I don’t know how you manage to see through me but I appreciate your always being there with the right words, jokes and expressions.
I don’t know if you really are a magical mirror but I like who you tell me I am.
I don’t know if it’s a spell but I can’t think of anyone else who has made me guzzle a lifetime number of questions in six months.
I don’t know how you got me to write this silly thing but my hands are glad you did.
I don’t know why but I’m willing to be that friend that your kids call to complain to when you and your wife are being annoying grinches.
I don’t know what else to say since you practically bullied me into doing this piece but I have to say that
*      I CARE ABOUT YOU (22x) and I LOVE YOU FROM RAPUNZEL’S SCALP TO HER HAIR TIPS, AND BACK (22x).
*      YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PERSON; YOUR HEART HAS TO BE MADE FROM CHOCOLATE, ROSES, GLITTERS AND WELL…BLOOD. (For some reason the bizarre analogy above feels right. Shhh!!!)
*      YOU ARE FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH POTENTIAL AND CHARACTER; FIND YOUR PURPOSE AND HONE THESE ENDOWMENTS.
*      IF YOU WILL SEARCH GOD OUT, YOU WOULD FIND THAT ALL YOUR DREAMS CAN BE ANSWERED PRAYERS.
*      I HAVE NO REGRETS IN BEING YOUR FRIEND. I HOPE I’M RIGHT CUZ IF NOT, YOU’LL MAKE ME HATE MARSHMALLOWS AND THAT ALONE IS A CRIME.

HaPpY BiRtHdAy MaRsHMaLlOwS!!!!!!!!
God Bless You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have A bLaSt!!!!!!!!!
P.S- SINCE I’M NEVER THIS NICE TO YOU, I THINK YOU SHOULD PRINT THIS OUT, LAMINATE IT AND STARE AT IT FOR THE NEXT ONE YEAR CUZ I JUST RAN OUT OF NICENESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment